Leonardo Lucchi was born in Cesena in 1952. He lives and works in his hometown. He accomplished his studies at the Art School of Ceramics in Faenza where he graduated in 1970.
During the first years of his career he took part in various collective and personal exhibitions and he realized the works “Resurrection” and “Via Crucis” for the Catholic Church of the Holy Trinity in Singapore.
In 1991 he exhibited in London for the first time, at the Accademia Italiana delle Arti e delle Arti Applicate. In the following years he realized significant monuments such as Saint Pio from Pietrelcina, Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta, Saint John the Baptist. During more than thirty years of activity he has been exhibiting his works in many Italian and foreign towns (Modena, Rome, Venezia, Florence, Ferrara, Milan, Bologna, Palermo, Bari, London, Paris, Basel, Gent). He is also very appreciated in France, where he is often invited to expose: Nancy, Grenoble, Poitiers, Annecy, Besançon, Toulouse.
Recently, he has realized some public monumental works among which two bronze groups dedicated to the Fallen of the Second World War (Forlì and Terni), a bronze fountain for the Life Square in Bolgare near Bergamo and the wide staircase with “The Acrobats” and “La Bella di Cesena”. In 2011 he realised a monumental “Resurrection” for the Basilica of San Marino on the occasion of Pope Benedetto XVI visit.
His works are exhibited on a permanent basis at F. Russo Gallery in Rome, at Galerie Art Club in Paris, at Raugraff in Nancy, Damon in Poitiers, Cimaise in Besançon, Vent des Cimes in Grenoble, Douce Heure in Saint Paul de Vence and at Platini in Veyrier du Lac (Annecy), France.
His studio, located just in the heart of his city Cesena, is a wide and bright environment combining both workshop and exhibition hall. It is a place where the artist continues the direct relationship with his public, which he has managed to develop over the years.